In some states, gay marriage is still illegal. The premise for this is that marriage is a holy and an institution that is between a man and woman only. Here are some topics that can be used for legalizing gay marriage essay assignments:
1. Gay Marriage: Why It Should Be Legalized
Even if it is illegal in most states, there are many people who believe in legalizing gay marriage. Essay can focus on the following:
- Homosexuals deserve to be happy.
- Love is not limited to those of the opposite genders.
- Most heterosexual marriages end up in divorce so this does not mean that marriages are successful between those of the opposite genders.
- Most homosexual civil partnerships last longer than most heterosexual marriages
- Marriage is about love and if homosexuals love each other, they should be allowed to marry each other.
2. Gay Marriage: The Pursuit of Happiness.
One of the civil rights is the pursuit of happiness. In cases where gay marriage is not allowed, this means that homosexual couples cannot pursue happiness: they cannot get married with the one that they love and they will not be happy. A legalizing gay marriage essay that will revolve around the topic of chasing after happiness as an inherent civil right, should point out the following:
- Why can’t homosexuals marry the one they love?
- If someone cannot marry whom he/she loves, then it is a violation of his/her freedom.
- Is the pursuit of freedom only limited to couples of the opposite gender?
- If homosexuals love each other and want to start a family together, it is illegal. But it is legal if the couple is heterosexual. Why is there a bias?
- If other people can choose whom to marry and raise a family with in order to be happy, why can’t homosexuals enjoy the same freedom?
3. Gay Marriage: Freedom in the Land of the Free
People from different races enjoy many equal social liberties and civil rights such as voting, freedom of speech, etc. However, when it comes to sexual orientation and marriage, not everyone is equal. Marriage between homosexuals is shunned by the law. Legalizing gay marriage essay will be an interesting article when it addresses equality in the so-called land of the Free.